IELTS Exam Preparation
Our IELTS preparation course is designed to equip students with the key language skills to take the IELTS exam and get the band score required.
Here’s your chance to learn effectively and efficiently, in an intensive but fun and friendly manner, and whilst meeting people and making friends from all over the world.
Our IELTS courses are collaborative and communicative, so you are involved and learn well. Participants will have extensive opportunities to speak and to participate in classes; to permit this, extended IELTS written tasks as usually given for self-study, to make the most of class time with a teacher.
Our IELTS courses all include:
• How to structure writing tasks to satisfy IELTS marking criteria.
• How to organise time effectively to be able to plan, write and check your work in the given timeframe.
• Focus on sentence and paragraph structure.
• Appropriate vocabulary and grammar to effectively describe graphs, charts, maps and diagrams for Writing Task 1.
• Appropriate vocabulary and grammar to discuss opinions, express arguments, and makes suggestions for Writing Task 2.
• Topic-specific vocabulary to impress the examiner.
• Extensive opportunities for practice and feedback, building confidence and reducing errors.
• Strategies to extend your grammatical range while speaking.
• Vocabulary building and useful idiomatic expressions to increase fluency and lexical resource.
• Strategies to be able to speak for an extended time for speaking task 2.
• Language of expressing opinion, comparing and contrasting, and summarising.
• Strategies to be able to finish the test within time frame
• Focus on the skills needed for the different question types, such as global reading, skimming and scanning.
• Finding the correct answer quickly.
• Pre-listening skills to prepare you for what you will hear.
• Understanding different question types and the listening skills needed to answer them.
• Listening for key vocabulary words and listening for global meaning.
• Spelling rules.
Students are required to have minimum B1 level of English to take an IELTS preparation course.
Minimum booking is 1 week. Students can book for as many weeks as required (subject to any visa requirements).
A full practice exam is done every 2 weeks to measure students’ progress, however students should book their official IELTS exam themselves at a local exam centre. Students are not required to have an IELTS exam booked in advance, although it is helpful to have a timeframe in mind.
A Language Links certificate is issued to all students with satisfactory levels of attendance upon completion of the course.
Small-group classes lead by a qualified English teacher.
A1 (Beginner) – C2 (Proficiency) Participants complete a level test before the course start to enable placement into an appropriate class.
HOURS PER WEEK
Choose 5 or 10 class hours per week
Monday – Thursday 14:00 – 16:00
Barnett House, 53 Fountain Street, Manchester, M2 2AN
IELTS 5 (2 days per week)
1 – 3 weeks £110 per week
4+ weeks £100 per week
IELTS 10 (4 days per week)
1 – 3 weeks £185 per week
4+ weeks £175 per week
£40 non-refundable deposit to secure place on course.
Remaining course fees to be paid in full 14 days before start of course by cash, debit/credit card or bank transfer.